Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas

I say this every year - I can't believe the year is nearly over. The older I get, the faster the years seem to fly by.
I'm more organised for Christmas than I have been in a long time. As far as gifts go anyway... Decorating on the other hand is yet to be started! I love this time of year and can't wait to start decorating, wrapping presents (I LOVE wrapping presents), baking...

We did start watching some Christmas dvds and reading some books a couple of weeks ago. These are some of our favourites so far...
 This is a really nice cartoon which portrays the real story of Christmas. My children both love watching it. It's available here
We have several of Max Lucado's childrens books and dvds. This one teaches children that Christmas (or Maker Day as it's called in the story) is about giving rather than outdoing everyone else by getting the biggest and best presents. This one is available here 


I picked up this Veggie Tales dvd a couple of weeks ago - great value, 2 movies in 1. Our favourite is "The Toy That Saved Christmas". Available here 

This book is another recent purchase from here The illustrations are absolutely beautiful and the story is really well written and includes Bible references.
I'll hopefully be posting back regularly between now & Christmas with recipes and crafts that I'm making for Christmas.
(I realise a couple of the links are not working - I'll fix them ASAP. Blogger is being painful at the moment!)

No comments: